The Earth is composed of oceans and continents and each continent has dozens of countries. However, many times we get lost in the accounts and we don’t know exactly how many countries there are in the world. Do you want to meet them all? Then read on with the article.
View Articles by Continent
Accounting for countries in the world is always a problem. There are several entities, such as the United Nations (UN), whose list leaves out some countries. For example, the UN does not count the Vatican, a nation-state in Italy, nor Taiwan, whose independence is not recognized by China. Greenland, for example, is left out because it is Danish territory.
List of countries in the world
In order to include the maximum number of countries recognized worldwide, we have compiled a list that can be read below.
In total, according to this list, there are 246 countries in the world. However, the United Nations ensures that the world has a total of 193. For this reason, the response continues to vary from the point of view.
|List of all countries in Africa|
|List of all countries in Asia|
|List of all countries in Europe|
|List of all countries in Oceania|
|List of all countries in North America|
|List of all countries in South America|
The 50 countries with the lowest oil production in the world
|Rank||Country||Oil production (million cubic meters)|
|6||Barbados (North America)||1,000|
|9||Aruba (North America)||2,500|
|12||Chile (South America)||4,000|
|21||Suriname (South America)||12,000|
|22||Czech Republic (Europe)||12,600|
|28||Democratic Republic of the Congo (Africa)||21,000|
|29||Guatemala (North America)||22,900|
|30||New Zealand (Australia-Oceania)||28,700|
|34||Ivory Coast (Africa)||36,000|
|35||Bolivia (South America)||44,000|
|37||Papua New Guinea (Australia-Oceania)||50,000|
|40||Cuba (North America)||73,400|
|47||Peru (South America)||127,000|
|50||Trinidad and Tobago (North America)||158,000|
|Extraction of petroleum. Only countries with oil production are listed.|
Learn a little more about the American continent, where Brazil is!
The American continent is a portion of land bathed by the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. These are two continental blocks to the north and south joined by an isthmus (small strip of land located between two seas).
With a population of almost 1 billion inhabitants and a territorial area of 42,549.00 km², America is the second largest continent (behind only Asia) and has 14.2% of the world population. In all, there are 35 independent countries and 16 colonies.
Eventually, this continent is called the “New World”, but that does not mean that it is actually younger than the other continents, as this denomination was created after the discovery by the Europeans, being, therefore, a Eurocentric vision of America.
In fact, from a geological point of view, the American continent is considered ancient, as its relief shows evidence that it has been exposed to external agents of transformation for a longer time (wind, water, rain, climate, among others).
Speaking in relief, the physical structure of America has two large mountain ranges, one located in the north, called the Rocky Mountains, and another located in the south, called the Andes, both located in the western part of the continent and originated by the contact between tectonic plates.
In the eastern part of America – both in the North and in the South – there are some plateaus. They are: Guiano Plateau (northern South America), Central Brazilian Plateau, Patagonian Plateau (in Argentina), Canadian Escudos and the Appalachian Mountains (western United States).
In terms of location, America is in three different hemispheres at the same time: the North, the South and the West, being crossed by the Equator, the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn, being the only continent to be to be located in all the thermal zones of the Earth.
This continent has several types of regional divisions, of which we can highlight two. One divides it into North, Central and South America, and the other divides it into Latin and Anglo-Saxon America.
The North America has only three countries: Canada, United States and Mexico.
The South American has twelve countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela. Check information for each country on Countryaah.
According to Trackaah, the Central America and Caribbean have twenty countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Dominican Republic, Saint Lucia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago.
Thus, Latin America encompasses all the countries of South and Central America together with Mexico, while Anglo-Saxon America has only the United States and Canada.
In the economic field, large levels of inequality are registered in America. The countries that are part of North America are the only developed countries on the continent, presenting most of its Gross Domestic Product. In addition, some countries such as Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Uruguay are considered emerging nations. The rest are classified as underdeveloped.
- Oregon: Beaver State December 1, 2022 - Stroll along the deserted beaches along the Pacific Ocean, hike through rugged and inhospitable mountain ranges, walk through countless beautiful forests and enjoy the vibrant city of Portland. You can… Read more
- How to Get to Almaty, Kazakhstan November 25, 2022 - By plane Aeroflot (travel time 4 hours 20 minutes, round-trip ticket costs 40,767 RUB) and Kazakh Air Astana fly daily from Moscow to Alma-Ata International Airport. Residents of St. Petersburg… Read more
- Bridgetown, Barbados November 18, 2022 - According to wholevehicles, Bridgetown is the largest and only city in Barbados, the easternmost island in the Caribbean. In the 17th century it was a British colony and the center… Read more
- Sights of Milan, Italy November 11, 2022 - According to Pet with Supplies, Milan is the fashion capital of Italy and also an important business city within the country. Large companies are located in and around Milan. The… Read more
- Landmarks of Cadiz, Spain November 4, 2022 - The Spanish city of Cádiz is located in the south of the country, where it belongs to the autonomous region of Andalusia. The coastal city of Cádiz used to be… Read more
- US 220 and 221 in North Carolina October 30, 2022 - US 220 in North Carolina US 220 Get started Rockingham End price Length 115 mi Length 185 km Route Rockingham Ellerbe Asheboro Randleman greensboro Stokesdale Madison Virginia According to toppharmacyschools,… Read more
- US 80 in Alabama October 29, 2022 - US 80 Get started Cuba End Phenix City Length 219 mi Length 352 km According to existingcountries.com, US 80 is a US Highway in the US state of Alabama.… Read more
- Rockefeller Center, New York October 28, 2022 - In the very center of Manhattan, Rockefeller Center is spread over an area of 22 acres - a system of 19 commercial buildings that make up the largest privately owned… Read more
- State Route 2, 202, 207, 209 and 21 in Colorado October 27, 2022 - State Route 2 in Colorado SH 2 Get started Denver End Brighton Length 24 mi Length 39 km Route Denver Commerce City Brighton According to watchtutorials, State Route 2, commonly… Read more
- US 61 in Iowa October 26, 2022 - US 61 Get started keokuk End dubuque Length 199 mi Length 320 km Route Missouri keokuk Fort Madison Burlington Muscatine Davenport freeway Mount Joy Eldridge Long Grove De Witt… Read more